Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

How to Support Your Elementary School Teacher

I have to give my husband a shout out because he has been an amazing support for me in all realms of my life, especially at work! He has been the one to help me cut and assemble my class centers, proof reading my report cards, volunteering for class events and putting together my class DVD at the end of the year. And if that was not enough, he did the most romantic thing ever! This summer he wrote this book How to Support Your Elementary School Teacher, in honor of ALL teachers everywhere. He self published it in August and has been going to schools and conventions passing on the message, opening communication and understanding between teachers, students and parents.


The book chronicles a year in the life of a teacher and highlights both the triumphs and tribulations giving parents and those outside the field of education a glimpse into the hard work that teachers do everyday. It also offers a month to month guide of suggestions of how to support the teacher in their life. I had many former parents buying this book and my principal even quoted my husband and featured him at my school's back to school night! We found a lot of teachers buying it to pass it along to their spouses (: and as a keepsake for themselves as it is a testimonial to all of us in our profession. It truly is a breath of fresh air and a positive view of teachers. Can I say that I absolutely LOVE my husband for doing this for me and all other teachers. He has been invited to speak at local school PTO meetings, conventions, bookstores as a local author and supporter of strengthening the parent-teacher-student relationship. Here are a few pictures of him in action!



The book is available on Amazon and Barnes and Nobles for $9.99 if anyone is interested. When he sells at schools he donates $2 to the school! Please check out his site at:


and support him on Facebook:

No comments:

Post a Comment